According to the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (NAIWE) “one of the most interesting ways to celebrate is by participating in the blog challenge.”
All I have to do is to write a post for each day’s topic (a total of five posts, to be entered into a drawing for a $20 Amazon.com gift certificate. It’s not the prize, it’s the journey which continues my disciplined approach to writing.
Today’s challenge is: What is the most important word or words in your life? Why?
Impromptu and easy to respond, I can do so because the key to answering this question is I can respond with a word or words. Apostles Creed. The basis for my Catholic faith, the Apostles Creed dates back to the fifth century and is an important part of the liturgy and can be broken into 12 statements:
- 1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
- 2. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
- 3. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
- 4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
- 5. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again.
- 6. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- 7. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- 8. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
- 9. the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints,
- 10. the forgiveness of sins,
- 11. the resurrection of the body,
- 12. and life everlasting.